You can have a store-wide sale, a time-sensitive sale, a sale on a particular items, or a “doorbuster”. You can even have more than one sale within a particular day. Try and mix different types of sales to find what works best for your business.
- A store-wide sale is the most attractive for customers, but can also be harder to determine what the discount percentage should be for every item in your store.
- A time-sensitive sale will attract business during a particular timeframe. If you would like to do a store-wide sale it is a good idea to add a timeframe to it. For example, 20% off all items 8am-11am. This allows the customers to receive the sale on any item, but limits how many customers will actually be in the store during that timeframe.
- You can have a sale for particular items. For example, you can offer 30% off all bracelets. This helps customers to purchase a certain item that might usually have a higher markup.
- You can also have a BOGO offer for particular items. The BOGO can be “buy one, get one free” or “buy one, get one half off”. Just make sure this is explicitly stated in your ads. This will encourage customers to buy more than one of the items.
- Lastly, you can have a “doorbuster”. The doorbuster should have a very low sale price. It is a good idea to have it on an item that customers do not normally consider buying, but will now buy because of the great price.
To download the full eBook and workbook for free go to articles.margotcorporation.com.
If you need help with holiday sales or any other marketing check out our website, www.margotcorporation.com or send us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org.